Friday 20 April 2018

Why did I choose my career?


I think that when I was very young, I really loved science as a philosophy of life. I still do! Finding the meaning of little things ever was a challenge to me. Then I had an encyclopedia where I looked for the subjects in a first approach of the theme.
But my liking was changing a little when I asked myself how to cure illnesses of the world. Thus, I focused my attention on some careers that work in this subjects. One of these, and maybe the most important, is studying pharmacy.

I know that biochemistry and pharmacy is the same career in some countries, but here in Chile are separated.

When I took the PSU test I finally chose Pharmacy at the School of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences of the University of Chile, but I think that I never could unite this liking with music, that is another great liking. Some people think that there is no relationship between pharmacy and music, but recently I´ve read an article talking about music as a way to develop many mental and somatic reactions, making music a kind of medicine. Maybe this is a kind of link between music and pharmacy. I still have to discover it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that theory about health and music is very interesting, I wish you that you can continue with that project in the future, because like you told us, the music and the health are not so diferent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The relationship you raised is very interesting, because it's a part of science that very few are interested in. I hope that one day you can get involved in that topic.

    ReplyDelete